


This is our Culberson Home. We have lived here since January 2000. We moved in the day before Josh's birthday! I remember the first night we spent in the house... the kids weren't with us and we slept on the floor. I remember waking up and looking out the windows as the light came in and thinking it was just like living in a treehouse. My favorite thing about our house when we moved in was the big deck off the back of the house and the backyard. There was actually a treehouse in the yard... more like a treeLOft. The treeloft is now gone, broken down by all the years of snow that built up and finally wore it down. The other great thing about the backyard was the rope swing! It had an old tire on it and the kids had such a blast with it. They used to take it up to the treehouse and swing off on the tire. There was also a couple of swings that were hung up on a beam attatched to two trees. The years of swinging and hanging along with the weather, wind and snow has since torn down all these. The boys still have fun in the backyard though. Now they ride motorcycles all over the place and just climb those trees.
Our home has been through some pretty big changes through the years. Here's a picture of our new living room. It's been completely remodeled and we love it. I can't believe how light it is in here and cozy too. The only thing we left in this house from it's original state is the beautiful pine vaulted ceilings and the brick fireplace hearth. I wonder if I can find some pictures of the place before, during and after?
No comments:
Post a Comment