Cutest Blog background

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Remembering 2010

January 2010

Last January, Josh and I decided to go back to school and finish what we both started a very long time ago.  It's been 15 years for both of us. We left school when we got married because we figured it would be too hard to do at the time with 2 kids and a house.  Well, now we have six kids and they were ranging from 1 1/2 to 19 years old when we decided to take the plunge into school! A toddler at home, 2 in elementary school, one in middle school, one in high school and one in college! We had kids in every stage of the game and started back to school the same year our oldest started back too. It's been a year now and it sure has been a challenge for us.  Josh decided that he might like teaching and he wanted to go into Special Education because there's a higher demand for teachers in that field, they pay more and he likes "special" kids :o) That was a really big suprise! I never imagined him teaching, but he suprises me alot and I don't doubt that he would be a great teacher if that's what he wants to do. We decided this would be perfect because I also want to be a teacher (and always have) This job would give us both the same schedules, not to mention the same schedule as our kids and we would have summers off which is our favorite time of life.
I still want to build my photography business and hope to take classes in that & get more education in digital design and imaging, but I definitely want to finish what I started 15 years ago and finally get my teaching credential.
It's been 3 semesters for me since then and boy is it a lot of work! I did Spring, Summer and Fall now and I'm all signed up for Spring 2011.  I've decided that 6 credits at a time is about all I can handle and this semester, i'm cutting back a little to catch up on family life & life in general.  It's going to take me a long time to finish this, but I feel I have to keep at it and I'll eventually get there.

No comments: